venerdì 25 agosto 2017

What I've Learned This Week |Two|


One. While looking for places to visit for a short trip in October, I stumbled across this article: “20 of Europe’s Best Cities for Fall Travel”


#2 is 1 hour away from where I live now and #7 is where I was born and grew up.

I’m so lucky. I live and have lived in beautiful places. ( I’m guessing Shenyang,China or Reedley, CA are not there just because they're not in Europe, ah!)

Two. Being away from my phone is a relief. I read a interview with Manisha Thakor, a financial blogger and advisor that I love, where she said ”The Internet Is Both My Lifeline and the Plastic Bag Over My Head”. I really don’t want to get to the point where I feel like having a plastic bag over my head and given my ability to easily fall in bad habits I’m glad I’m still able to take off the plastic bag by my self without much effort..

Three. Speaking of phones, I realized more than ever that I don’t like being away from news, but I like being away from judgment.
In fact, as soon as I read an article I have an opinion on I pull myself away from reading the comments. I’m scared of reading too much and losing all faith in humanity. Sometimes I’m really scared at the thought of how much time and energy people spend commenting what others do. There are Facebook pages, groups and even entire sites dedicated to snarking on someone else activity on social media and/or real life. Why would people spend time on these is a behind me, but we are all different, and what I find drowning some can honestly find fun.

Four. Sound distracts me more than visual. I’m having a lot of difficulties trying to learn how to cope with the constant radio on in the office and I need to find a solution before I go crazy.

Five. I have such an attraction to wander this world, that I have to stop myself from planning too much ahead! As of right now , in my head I have all 2018 trips figured out! Maybe someday I’ll calm down. Maybe.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento