lunedì 4 dicembre 2017

What I've Learned This Week | Ten | December



one. It's Christmas tiiimeeeeeeeee!
I'm fairly excited.I really want to try and don't let stupid things bring me down like reading comments on social media, ah!
Main reason to be excited: going home in a couple of weeks to family, friends and days off.

two. I really don't see how you can NOT be excited about this time of year, and I'm really suprised when I find my self trying to explain it because it's so obvious to me....but I have had to , in many conversations.Supposedly, the main reason why people don't like it, it's because it's "'forced". Beu Honestly, I don't feel forced to be happy, I feel like I'm very glad to have yet another  reason to be happy. I understand it could be a fine line, but I choose to pick the better interpretation, ah.

three.This next week it's starting to look a lot like holiday season, which means trying to eat very little food whenever possible to prepare your body to great dinners. This week only I have three!
And one pretty awesome concert!

four.I can't wait to have a wall where I can hang things. Just sayin'.

five.This past Sunday was the first Advent Sunday. 

The Gospel Read:

Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.
It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.
“Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’"

from the comment of Padre Lorenzo, Italian Catholic Mission in England:

What does it mean to watch? Vigilating means being constantly alert, awake. On hold. 
It means living in a service attitude. It implies struggle, effort, renunciation.
It is certainly not disengagement or indifference. In other words, it means directing our attention to what is really important. 
Have ears to listen and eyes to see
Faith is attention, and surprise, it was tension. 
It is above all joyful certainty of being followed with love by a God who moves first and never abandon us.

Faith to what God exactly, you can pick freely. But this is the time to try to learn to be awake.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento