lunedì 25 giugno 2018

The Longest Day of The Year {Copenaghen}

At the end of June we decided to finally go visit a friend that we have planned to visit for ages.
It just happened to be on the longest days of the year: what better place to be in than one of the most northern capital in continental Europe?
We normally plan our trips, but since this was just a weekend and we were staying with our friend, we just let him decide where to take us, being an expert on the city after living there for several years.
He also happens to be a quiet, reserved person,  not a coincidence he’s one of M best friend and best man.
This particular fact makes him explore places that are not very touristic or in general full of people, and were we lucky to be able to stop over these lesser known locations that we wouldn’t , otherwise, never have seen.
We went all the way to see the coast of Sweden and a remote park with castles and deer!
But of course, we also needed to see some of the typical ones: the little mermaid, one of all. I was so fascinated when I was a kid by the idea of mermaids and by this one in particular.
In fact , is the only thing I remember from when I visited Denmark with my family in the early 90s.
But this time around I was more fascinated by the amount of people there! I wonder how many pictures are taken in a day is this places.
To take all the advantage we could of the very long days , after walking, after dinner, after another stroll, and after taking the train to go back home, we still went by the beach and witnessed one of the most beautiful sunset I’ve ever seen. It was almost midnight. I was in awe.
I was also in awe by the couple that with no shame whatsoever took off all ALL of their clothes and just jumped in the water! 
Of course we had to go to Tivoli: the oldest roller coaster park in the world.
Problem is, I'm scared of heights...so I was happy to just walk without going on any rides, ah ( how old do I sound?)
And Christiania, where you can smoke weed but can't take pictures.
And the canal with pubs and bars and old boats and bridges.
It was such a good trip: the city is clean, proper, civil but also fun and full and initiatives. 
The weather was gorgeous like it hasn't been in years. 
Seeing a country and an old friend. No better way to spend a weekend!















  


   


















Nessun commento:

Posta un commento